Find us on Google+ Find me on Bloggers.com Drug syndicates behind campaign: Gutierrez ~ Arthur King Peters

Join The Community

Premium WordPress Themes

Search

Saturday 22 September 2012

Drug syndicates behind campaign: Gutierrez

Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Home General Jose Gutierrez Jr. believes that big-time drug syndicates have been funding the smear campaign towards him.

“I am wary to the fact that in the course of leading the PDEA inside war on illegal drugs, We have earned the ire of bigwigs inside illegal drug trade, “ Gutierrez talked about.

Because of this, he believes that drug lords “are at this point moving heaven and earth to discredit me and have absolutely me removed as PDEA main. “

“I am also aware to the fact that whoever has vested interest in overpowering my post as Director Standard is backed by our adversaries whose illegal activities happen to be adversely affected by our become more intense operations, thus they are venture desperate moves to attack my integrity, ” Gutierrez pointed available.

In the meantime, Gutierrez said that currently a completely independent probe is being conducted with the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) which is able to shed light on the hot debate.

On the other hand, the PDEA chief assured which he will quietly step down if he or she is removed from his post.

He explained which he serves at the pleasure on the President and that he will carry on and fulfi ll his sworn duties and responsibilities in the helm of the national anti-drug campaign.

“In case the President no longer has his confi dence in me, I am going out of the agency without any comments whatsoever. I am a presidential appointee. I serve in the pleasure of the President, ” Gutierrez expressed.

Last week, Malacañang ordered PDEA Deputy Director Carlos Gadapan taken out of his post but without any specific reason.

Gadapan believes which he got removed after telling Gutierrez in relation to his wife’s gambling problems. (Jeffrey G. Damicog).

0 comments:

Post a Comment